Thursday, May 12, 2005

Matzah Reviews LIVE (400 Blows @ Knitting Factory)

It's official. I've lost my hearing and I couldn't be happier. Here's why:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
400 Blows (© Matzah)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
400 Blows (© Matzah)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
400 Blows (© Matzah)


Last night, I attended the 400 Blows Record Release show at the Knitting Factory. I couldn't have asked for more - an entertaining live performance with an energized audience. Mainly, 400 Blows played music that was unfamiliar (from their upcoming releases, GSL's "Angel's Trumpets and Devil's Trombones" and Buddyhead's "The Average Guy" 7"). Towards the end of their set, the band returned to earlier material with 'Root of our Nature' from Black Rainbow (GSL), which blew me away.

Amidst turbulent moshing (with The Bronx's Matt and Jorma in the heart of it), 400 Blows played twisted anthems meant to fuel your adrenaline. Coward that I am, I made sure that I was well protected from the chaos, enjoying the music from the corner of the stage. Never again! Next time I see 400 Blows perform, I plan to leave the camera at home and show up with nothing but unresolved anger and clenched fists. I suggest you join me.

Matzah's Rating:
A-/B+

1 Comments:

Blogger Alexander Laurence said...

Looks good.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home