Monday, April 25, 2005

Matzah's News Bits, including the implosion of Zwan, as narrated by Billy Corgan

The Ironies of 'Indie' Music, complements of the Orlando City Beat

AND

A foreign preview for the release of Last Days, Gus Van Sants loose interpretation of the life and death of Kurt Cobain (Notice Sonic Youth's Kim Gordon towards the end of the trailer.)

AND

Billy Corgan sits down with the Chicago Tribune's Greg Kot here.

When asked about his ill-fated band, Zwan, Corgan said:

"The music wasn't the big problem, it was more their attitude: `Why do we have to practice? I'd rather be hanging out at the Rainbo.' Lifestyle stuff. And then you get into what I would call cataclysmic behavioral stuff. Sex acts between band members in public. People carrying drugs across borders. Pajo sleeping with the producer's girlfriend while we were making the record. I just tried to do what I've always done, which is to patch it up and roll it out. You go into a denial state. I got snookered in by really bad people. It's embarrassing to me. But it wised me up to why I play, and who I love, and it made me appreciate my old band even more."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Pajo sleeping with the producer's girlfriend while we were making the record" wow, i like pajo even more now!!!

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home